4:30 pm- I am working on the Christmas list that my father sends to us every year. The kids had no problems telling me what DVD they wanted to ask. But when I said, "ok, what do you want for Christmas?" there was silence and blank faces. They are all having a hard time coming up with anything. Maddie asked for a "cuddle-up-it" which is something she saw on an infomercial that is a blanket and puppet in one. I don't know what to think of this. Are my children really that selfless that they honestly can't think of anything they want or have I pounded it into my children that we don't have money for everything and they are scared to say what their hearts truly desire. I thought I would prompt it a little and I said, "Nate, pretend Dad gave you a million dollars and told you to buy whatever you wanted in the whole world. What would you buy?" Without hesitation his response was "a flavored mouth guard!" Really? You have a million dollars and all you want to buy is a flavored mouth guard? What else would you buy? "football pads...and pants." Ok, we really have a one track mind here. Do my children really have no, or very limited, imagination that this is all they can come up with or is this really what he desires most and therefore is all he can think about? Children are a wonder to me!
7:30pm-Tonight I made Parmesan Pork Chops with stuffing. I made a breadcrumb crust out of croutons instead of bread for the chops and the kids asked me if that's what I had done. Now their mind is on croutons and Maddie asked what stuffing was made out of. I told her dried bread. She said, oh, it kind of looks like croutons. And Nate said, "ya. It looks like crouton ric!" So now, stuffing is called crouton rice in our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment